Original Scientific Article
Morphology of the vascular bodies of the encephalon’s ventricles of cow (bos taurus taurus)
Correspondence: Aleksey Prusakov, email@example.com
Received: 25 May 2019
Received in revised form: 04 December 2019
Accepted: 09 January 2020
Available Online First: 31 January 2020
Published on: 15 March 2020
The aim of the research was to establish the morphology of the vascular bodies of the encephalon ventricles of cow (Bos taurus taurus). Methods used: thin anatomical preparation, histological method of examination, transmission electron microscopy. Given the relationship, structure and general origin of the vascular bodies, they were divided into bodies III, IV and the lateral ventricles of the encephalon. This unit has topographical nature. Functionally, vascular bodies are an indivisible organ whose main function is the secretion of the cerebrospinal fluid, which maintains the constancy of the central nervous system internal environment. Three types of capillaries, differing in their morphology, were found in the composition of the vascular bodies’ villi in Bos taurus taurus.
Keywords: bovine, central nervous system, encephalic ventricular system
- Hasanova, I. Kh. (2011). Morphofunctional features of the choroid plexus of the ventricles of the cerebrum. Ukr morfolalm behalf of Professor V. G. Koveshnikov. V. 9(3): 73-75. [in Russian]
- Skripchenko, N.V. (2011). Liquor and its clinical significance in infectious diseases of the nervous system. Pediatrician 2(3): 21-31. [in Russian]
- Shuvalov, M.S. (2017). On the choroid plexus of the rat's brain. Vestn KRSU. 17(3): 190-193. [in Russian]
- Konopelko, G.E. (2000). Cerebrospinal fluid: education, circulation, outflow: proc. Method. Allowance Minsk. 15 p. [in Russian]
- Weiger, T., Lametschwandtner, A., Hodde, K.C., Adam, H. (1986). The angioarchitecture of the choroid plexus of the lateral ventricle of the rabbit. A scanning electron microscopic study of vascular corrosion casts. Brain Res. 378, 285-296. https://doi.org/10.1016/0006-8993(86)90931-5
- Hasanova, I. K.H., Kunitsa, V.N., Hasanli, Z. K.H., Myasnikova, O.N., Allahverdiev, E.G. (2018). Vascular component in the choroid plexus of the ventricles of the cerebrum. Science and education: a new time. 4 (27): 203-212. [in Russian]
- Carney, J.A. (1990). Psammomatous melanotic schwannoma: A distinctive, heritable tumor with special associations, including cardiac myxoma and the Cushing syndrome. Am J Surg Pathol. 14(3): 206-222. https://doi.org/10.1097/00000478-199003000-00002 PMid:2305928
- Korzhevsky, D.E. (2002). Structural foundations of the formation of hematopoietic barrier in humans. Successes Phys Sci. 33(4): 43-52. [in Russian]
- Hakim, R., Black, P.M. (1998). Correlation between lumbo-ventricular perfusion and MRI-CSF flow studies in idiopathic normal pressure hydrocephalus - diagnosis and patient selection for shunt surgery. Surg Neurol. 49(1): 14-20. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0090-3019(97)00032-3
- Carpentier, A., Brunelle, F., Philippon, J., Clemenceau, S. (2001). Obstruction of magendie's and luschka's foramina. Cine-MRI, aetiology and pathogenesis. Acta Neurosurg. 143(5): 517-522. https://doi.org/10.1007/s007010170083 PMid:11482704
- Prusakov, A.V. (2016). Methods of postmortem anatomical study of the arterial system of the brain in animals. Reg Iss In Vet Med. 2, 123-127. [in Russian]
- Gushchin, Ya. A., Muzhikyan, A.A. (2014). The effect of fixing liquids on the microscopic structure of the organs of small laboratory animals. Int J of Vet Med. 3, 88-94. [in Russian]
- Muzhikyan, A.A., Makarova, M.N., Guschin Ya. A. (2014). Features of the pathoanatomical study of a group of experimental animals. Int J of Vet Med. 1, 75-79. [in Russian]
- Bobrysheva, I.V., Kashchenko, S.A. (2011). Histology, Cytology, Embryology: Textbook. (pp. 319-372). Lugansk: Knowledge [in Russian]
- Gartner, Leslie, P. (2001). Color textbook of histology. In: L.P. Gartner (Ed.), 2nd edition (pp. 216-221). Philadelphia (Pa.): Saunders.
- Weekley, B. (1975). Electron microscopy for beginners (pp.282-301). Moscow: World.
- Reynolds, E. S. (1963). The use of lead citrate at high pH as an electron opaque stain in electron microscopy. J Cell Biol. 17, 208-212. https://doi.org/10.1083/jcb.17.1.208 PMid:13986422 PMCid:PMC2106263
- Stopa, E.G., Berzin, T.M., Kim, S., et al. (2001). Human choroid plexus growth factors: What are the implications for CSF dynamics in Alzheimer's disease? Exp Neurol. 167, 40 - 47. https://doi.org/10.1006/exnr.2000.7545 PMid:11161591
- Redzic, Z.B., Segal, M.B. (2004). The structure of the choroid plexus and the physiology of the choroid plexus epithelium. Adv Drug Deliv Rev. 56(1): 695 - 716. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.addr.2004.07.005 PMid:15381330
- Wolburg, H., Paulus, W. (2010). Choroid plexus: Biology and pathology. Acta Neuropathol. 119, 75 - 88. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00401-009-0627-8 PMid:20033190
- Lippoldt, A., Liebner, S., Andbjer, B., Kalbacher, H., Wolburg, H., Haller, H., Fuxe, K. (2000). Organization of choroid plexus epithelial and endothelial cell tight junctions and regulation of claudin-1, -2 and -5 expression by protein kinase C. Neuroreport 11, 1427 - 1431. https://doi.org/10.1097/00001756-200005150-00015 PMid:10841351
© 2020 Prusakov A. This is an open-access article published under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original author and source are credited.
Conflict of Interest Statement
The authors have declared that no competing interests exist.
Macedonian Veterinary Review. Volume 43, Issue 1, Pages i-vi, e-ISSN 1857-7415, p-ISSN 1409-7621, DOI: 10.2478/macvetrev-2020-0011, 2020